101 Things in 1001 Days

Monday, July 23, 2007

#64: Learn a new recipe every month

I finally dug out the cords for my digital camera so I could charge it, so now I have the pictures of the new dishes I made last month.

The first one was Rosemary Potatoes and Onions. Granted, it's rather colorless, but it tasted awesome--I've made it several times since. It did have a bit too much rosemary--so much that it irritated my throat as it was going down--but I threw some ketchup on and it solved that problem. And hurrah for learning how to pan-fry potatoes in under 20 minutes!


The second dish was Sour Cream Broccoli Casserole (it also had chicken). I played around with the recipe while I was making it--threw in onions, used vegetable crackers instead of bread crumbs, etc. It ended up being really soupy--too much sour cream--and if I make it again in the future, I'll pre-cook the broccoli, because it was very al dente and the texture didn't go with the dish at all. The chicken was leftover from the baked chicken and peaches I'd made the night before, so it was slightly sweet, but it didn't taste bad at all. The dish as a whole didn't blend, but I think I might give it a try again in the future, with some adjustments.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home